Sunday, June 26, 2011

6.25.11

Hey eveyone!

This week seemed to go by really fast. On Thursday we had the final conference with President Lorenzana. On Tuesday President Bautista will be here…we are excited to see what the changes will be like. I´ve heared that with a change in President, it is like a change in mission. I am excited to see what it brings! I´m sure there will be some changes with the nursing work.

So kind of funny, kind of scary story. Hermana Redden and I were walking through the Colonial Maestro, a neighborhood, to get to our cita (appointment). It was about 7pm, and dark outside. However, we were on a street with lights and there were a few people at the end of the street, not too far ahead of us. We heard a man running up behind us, we were startled so we turned around..it looked like he was just going to go past us, so we just said, ¨buenas noches!¨. But, then we he got about even, just slightly in front of me, he darted back and tried to grab my bag! I pushed his hand away and Redden turned and yelled, ¨Hey!¨ I got my pointer finger out at him and was ready to scold him. We startled him because he ran away. But I was ready to give him a piece of my mind. You know on Raising Helen when the mom sticks her finger out and tells the teenager, ¨You aren´t a bad person, but this is very bad behavior!¨ That is how I felt, I had my finger out and was ready to say, ¨You aren´t a bad person, but you don´t try to rob me!¨ We get a laugh out of it now. It really was a good reminded for us to take off our rose colored glasses and to remain aware of our surroundings at all times…even on lighted and populated streets! Elder Ronfeldt said he would give us his pepperspray. We took him up on that.

Hermana Rosa, the one with the psychopathic man controlling her….is doing excellent with her testimony of the gospel! She said that she is feeling the spirit so strong when she reads and she prays. We had a lesson with her and a member…the member had been in a similar situation and in order to leave she had to pack up and leave everything. In fact, the member said that to leave all you need are the clothes on your back and a shot gun. I just love this lady! Point being though, if Rosa wants out she is pretty much going to have to do the same…but the strength that she is receiving to have the courage and the confirmation to make these changes is going to come from the gospel. She is increasing her knowledge about Jesus Christ and the love that he has for her individually and for her family. Nobody has the right to take away our agency; that is Satan´s plan. It is such a joy to teach her to have faith, hope, and courage to do what is best for herself and her children. We´ll see what happens!

I love teaching about the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is amazing how many people really don´t have much of an idea of the sacrifice that He made for us. It is also so easy to forget! We all need that constant reminder that our life has a purpose much greater than the silly conflictions we encounter every day.

In the General Conference Ensign there is a quote that says, ¨Share the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words.¨ Saint Francis de Assisi (I think!)

Momma J!: Thank you for the dearelder. That is exciting about your daughter getting married. Good luck with all those plans! I hope that everything goes well for you!

Love you all!

Hermana Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment