Wednesday, July 13, 2011

07.02.11

7.02.11

Hey Everyone!

So, I said last week that the nursing life had slowed down a Little bit……yeah…2 hours later I was yet again sitting in the emergency room of the hospital. I´m getting really good at these doctor visits. Ha. Don´t worry family, I’m getting prepared for when ya´ll are old and need to visit ém doctors. Ha. We found out that our phone wasn´t really working all the time…which probably explains why we thought things were a lot quieter than they really were! The life of mission nurse definitely keeps you on your toes.

President Bautista is here! He and his wife are great. I am super excited to see the changes that will happen. It has been great to work with him in the aspect of nursing, there is a lot of good communication. He had a conference on Thursday, but we missed almost all of it because we had to take an Elder to a doctor´s appointment, but the part that I heard was good. He has a lot of love for the Savior and for the Lord´s work. The mission will be a lot different with a different President, but the work is the same no matter what.

Julia has committed to getting baptized! I think we are shooting for next Saturday. She asked the Bishop for a calling in the ward….and she still isn´t a member! Pila (she’s ready for baptism/ she is very receptive to the gospel message)! Her and her family are great…the other day they gave us dinner. Hot dogs. Soggy white bread, mayonnaise, and HOT DOGS. They bought it off the street so that we could try to the legit food here. I just about died. I was about halfway through the dog, when I realized there were TWO dogs in there! And the mayonnaise was loaded on. And Soggy white bread. I know. I am spoiled. I am not that picky, really. Hna (Sister) Redden just laughed at me….I am going to make her eat left over oatmeal and then see how she feels. Or better yet, a big glass of milk. Pay back.

Life is good! I hit 7 months yesterday! Crazy right? Time flies.

Love you all! Have a GREAT 4th of July!


Hermana Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment