Hola (Hello)!
This week went by pretty fast! We once again, made a trip to Guate….I am to the point that I could drive myself there now. The joys of not having worthwhile doctors in Xela (nickname for Quetzaltenango)! It´s all good though, Redden and I have got a routine down with it!
We met with a new member in the ward. Her name is Hermana (Sister) Wendy, she served a mission and is married with a 7 ish month old baby…he is a complete doll! Hermana Wendy is a serious power house though. We went to give her a spiritual uplift,…but really she taught us! She is alone in the house a lot, her husband is working and going to school. Her family lives in El Salvador…and so she doesn´t have much contact with them. But, she taught us a lot about how this is the time to rely on the Lord, to have faith and trust and JOY in all the blessings that He has given us. She definitely has traits that I hope to gain while in my mission!
We taught José again…he is so pila (receptive to the message)! He has so many legit questions about the chapters we leave him to read, and the things that we have taught him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation while walking back to his house the other day. It floors me how little people know about the purpose of this life, and the life after. Hardly anyone has even thought about where we come from, where we lived before coming to this world. It is so lovely to be able to teach them that this life has purpose, a grand purpose! He is reading, praying, and searching to receive help from God, it really is beautiful to see!
Julia is basically a member, but has fear to take the steps of baptism. We called to verify a cita (appointment) we had with her yesterday, but she told us she was at the church with the other hermana´s (sister’s), getting the Father´s Day dinner ready. She has everything….with the exception of making the vital covenants with God…I hope she finds the faith to put complete trust in Him.
We started teaching a lady named Rosa, her daughter Stefani, her son Roberto, and her cousin Brenda. They are so beautiful! They read, they ask questions, they are praying. The other day we were at her house and they told us that they were praying…and that they felt different. They felt a peace enter their hearts, and a change within them. Ohhh it just made me so happy. The only big problem we have is a very twisted and psychopathic control freak that is managing her life…from the states. I got so angry the night she told us about that, I just kept asking her if she knew how bad the situation was…that nobody can control her like he is. She understands, and she wants out. I hope that we can help her recognize the faith to do it…it´s going to be really hard for her and her family though. However, with the Lord, even during the hardest times we can have joy!
I love you all! I love the Lord, and I love this work. I found this quote in the general conference ensign, ¨Deisres dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, our becoming…it is our actions and our desires that cause us to become something.” Elder Dallin H. Oaks.
Love you!
Hermana Otto
No comments:
Post a Comment