This week has been crazy. I´m not even sure what happened, it seems like such a blur…but good!
Last Saturday and Sunday I had the baptisms of Glenda and Yaneth. I had to speak at both. Yaneth was first, and was the first talk that I have had to give here…ahhhh…yeah….not the greatest experience of my life. Ha. I got so nervous! They all speak Spanish..fluently..Ayayaya. Pero (but), I did it. I still was living to give the one at Glenda´s. And, thanks to a lot of praying…that talk actually went really well. I actually understood myself, so that was a good sign, ha.
I think those were all preps for what´s to come in the mission. Because during this last week President told us that he wants us to give a 30 minute health presentation at the mission conference this next week. Gulp. Don´t worry, I will pull through with flying colors. Ha. I´m going to wear black so that the nervous sweat pits are covered. Just kidding. Maybe.
So, I was in Guatemala City for three days this week. We left early Wednesday morning, and came back Friday afternoon. 4 hours of winding up and down mountain roads. I love nausea. Ha. It was so weird being there though! I was shocked at how nice the roads are, how big the buildings are…and how modern and nice it all looked! Which is funny, because when I first got to the CCM, I remembered thinking…wow, this all looks pretty beat up. Ha. Joke. It was nice to come back to Xela (nickname for Quetzaltenango, pronounced "Shay-lah") where there are a couple of actual paved roads…but the majority are fairly narrow rock cobble stone. The city of stone. In between waiting for doctor appointments, I was able to go to the temple! It was so nice! I went twice! The first time, in English. I slide in with the North Americans that are in the CCM; and the second time it was in Spanish. Guess what…I understood it all! Wow! Quite a change from when I did in the CCM and understood zilch.
The life of being the mission nurse is a lot different. It is super super hard to work in our area. We are constantly getting phone calls from the missionaries and different doctors that we are working with. It is really good, because I know that they need the help and I love being able to provide it. I am getting to see a lot of different things. It is really helping me to listen to the spirit to know how to help the missionaries…because I definitely don´t know everything!
Oh, so ...this happened when I was on the bus to the internet. We screeched to a halt and everyone around me gasped. I looked down and saw a baby chicken being chased by its owner. Gotta save dinner until it´s a little more plump! Lol!
Love you all! Take care!
Hermana Otto

Kylene! I love you and miss you!
ReplyDelete