Hey all!
This week has been another crazy one. I had one full day in my area…that was lovely. President has decided to do Zone conferences…and he asked us nurses to give a 30 minute health presentation. It is great because it is something we have been asking to do for a while…but golly, it sure is nerve wracking every time! Once we start the presentation, the gift of tongues is really evident…but there sure are nerves before I start speaking! On Wednesday we went to Momostenango, we left at 630am and got back around 930pm…then the next day was Xela Oeste, then on Thursday we went to Huehuetenango...that was another late night. It takes about 2 hours of curvy mountain roads to get there. President told me that I would never leave Xela on my mission...something about standing out too much? I was thinking about buying coloring my hair black, getting some self-tan to darken my skin...I am still stumped about the height problem though...
Hermana Redden and I balance each other out pretty well. For example, we were In Huehue, waiting for President to finish interviews. An Elder comes up to us and this is how it goes…
Elder- My head hurts a little and I don´t feel good. I did just eat an entire pizza though.
My thought- Suck it up! What did you think would happen?
Redden- I´m sorry! Do you want IBU or Tylenol?
Elder- Yeah…that would be great.
We go and get the meds….then we come back and hand it to the Elder.
Elder- Oh, do you have any water?
My thought- How old are you? Go to a tienda (a store) and buy some, or let some spit build up and swallow.
Redden- Yeah, yeah of course, let me go get it.
We go get Hna. Reddens water bottle.
Moral of the story, I am still not the most compassionate person! I have a lot to learn, lol. I still think he could have found his own water. But….it is super funny. We got a kick out of it…she is a sweetheart.
We did have one day this week that we were able to go out and contact. We hiked up a huge mountain, I just about died….our purpose was to visit a recent convert and menos active (less active). We get to the top and there are about four dogs ready to attack! Ah! But, alas, we didn´t hike the hill in vain, we were going to pass the beast animals. Soo..Redden grabbed a huge branch. It was twice the length of her and had multiple branches on top. So, it was more like a tree. I had about 6 boulders in my hands….and we passed those nasty dogs. Knocked on the door, and a guy answers, not a member, so we contact him. Hermana Redden was bearing her testimony about Christ, when I realized how ridiculous we looked. Her, holding a tree, and me loaded down with huge rocks. Haha…yeah…it was worth it though…we have cita (appointment) to go back.
Because we are going to all these zone conferences, we get to hear President speak a lot. Funny subject that he has chosen to focus on…that would be….marriage! haha, I thought that was just a singles ward thing, but then it turned into a general conference hit, now even the mission presidents are all over it. Love it. One thing that he has talked a lot about is taking responsibility for your own life. Taking responsibility for who you are and what you want to become. I thought it was a good point. We have this thing called agency, the right to choose, kind of the best gift ever. We can choose who we want to become and how we are going to do it.
Love you all!
Hermana Otto
No comments:
Post a Comment