Hey All!
So, we had cambios (transfers—when the missionaries trade areas and companions) and I got moved! I am now serving in Las Americas, it is still a part of Xela (pronounced “Sh-ay-lah” and is the nickname or colloquial term for Quetzaltenango). Part of it is in the city, and the other part of it is in the outskirts. It is HUGE: Seriously. It takes 30 minutes to walk to just half way across it. I also got put as the Mission Nurse! Yeah!! I am companions with Hermana Redden. She is an LPN and has been working as the nurse for quite a few months now. Her mission call wasn´t for it, but I don´t think she put it on her papers. Either way, I am super excited to work as a nurse and with her. We stay busy with the nursing, so it makes it hard to keep up with the area. I still haven´t seen all of it yet. When we got there Wednesday, we walked around a part of it in the evening...we had plans to do more Thursday, but we got a call to get some meds for a missionary...so we had to find the meds, find the missionary...and our day was shot. Pretty much the same with Friday. It´s hard because our area is so huge, so it is dificil (difficult) to put a cita (appointment) in the noche (night) at someone’s house...that lives at least 30 minutes away from home...and by the time we leave it is night. We´ll figure it out though! I love being able to jump back into my nursing skills...it just makes me happy. Ha.
This weekend I have two baptisms from my last area in Las Flores. I have permission to go to them, so I am super excited! Today is Yanet and tomorrow is Glenda. They both decided that I needed to give talks at their baptisms. I knew Yanet was thinking about it, but Hermana Nelson had to call and tell me that Glenda had asked me as well. Yeah! Ha. No, it is really good, I am honored that they would want to hear even more from me...but this will be a test of my Spanish. It´s all good. I´m not too worried about it...mostly I am so excited for them! And Yanet and Damian can go through the temple in a year...and I really really really really want to be here to go with them. That would be so awesome!
So I met two Elders, Elder Lewis and Elder Bennion...they are from Federal Way! And…they know Rick, Kate, Nathan, and Alex! They said Nathan was their primary teacher or something like that? Small world right!? Pretty funny. Also, there is an Elder Bergeson here...he is from Texas but is related to everyone back in Moses Lake.
Oh, FYI...my p days are now Saturdays. We spend Mondays in the office so that we can take a gander at all the sickies. So...Saturday mornings I should be on!
Love you alll! Thank you for your prayers, you are certainly in mine!
Love,
Hermana Otto
No comments:
Post a Comment