Monday, April 4, 2011

4.4.11

Wow!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can hardly believe that another week has gone by! This week was a lot different. On Wednesday, my companion was sick, so we stayed in the house all day: our apartment thing is a hole in a wall...I only went slightly crazy. I got a lot of studying done...which was awesome. I absolutely LOVE to study; I am learning so much about the Book of Mormon…it honestly is the greatest. Every lesson really has like 20 hidden lessons. LOVE IT.

Oh Friday, the president of the mission had a 12 hour teaching conference for half of the mission. It was really neat…he had stake presidents from around Xela come in and teach us about gospel subjects…it was really impactful.

Then…the best thing ever ever ever…GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! Oh my gosh! So awesome…I was able to watch all the sessions in ENGLISH! That made me so happy. The talk by Lynn Robbins I really liked…it made me laugh, but I really loved the point. He said that to go and to do are inseparable. And that the Be is the motivation behind the Doing. This really impacted me because I’m realizing that one thing that I am trying to work on in my mission is developing those characteristics of Christ. Of studying about Him…in order to develop those attributes…but it is more than just action. It is a state of being; it needs to be our inner desires. A lot of conference talked about service….and if we serve with the real desire to help the Lords children it is a manifestation that we are on the right track of being. Silvia Alred said that love and service are the essence of discipleship…we are all disciples of Christ. We are all His disciples…and we are all here with a purpose of progression. How do we progress unless we turn to Him and trust in Him? He literally suffered and felt every pain and suffering that we have ever felt. He didn’t have to do this, but he did it so that he could know us; know who we are and know how to help us. I say we don’t let that go wasted. Another thing that they talked about in Conference was the importance of families…they are so essential to this plan of Salvation for this earth life and the life after. I have such an awesome family! Thank you for all of your examples!
So…this morning I attacked my hair with those thinning scissors that mom sent me. I kind of scared myself. I stuck my head in the shower to get the stray hairs out and so much hair came out with it. A lot. I got really nervous. Lol….Alas, before we knew what would come of my hair, my comp asked me to cut her hair. Brave woman. Haha. They both turned out okay…So far all of my comps have had the blessing of my professional hair cutting abilities. Ha. I have probably about as much practice as the hair stylists here…can’t do much worse! Ha.

This week has mostly been a lot of meetings and studying! But, it is good! I love it; I love the work, and the ability to serve the Lord during this time! Take care everyone! I love you all!

Hermana Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment