Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4.11.11


Kylene and her new companion, Sister Nelson





Hey everyone!

It´s hard to believe that it is Monday again! Wow….This week was good...always a bit different. Some somewhat sad news...On Monday night I went to a cita (appointment) that we had with Hilda and the three Niño’s we are teaching. We arrived at the same time as the ambulance…Wagnor, the 12 year old told us that they had arrived home and Hilda wasn´t breathing. She passed away that night. It was really unexpected…but the kids are doing great! They seriously are solid. It is just interesting. I remember the first time we met Hilda...we were contacting and she was overjoyed that we ran into her. She was menos activo (less active) but had been praying for a chance to come back to church. The chance is always there…but our presence was what she was looking for. I remember the first cita (appointment) she was just crying and crying…I just gave her a hug. I read in my journal, I had commented how that feeling…of having someone’s tears on my shoulders was so satisfying…I felt as though I really had served her that day. Anyway, she has been coming to church, studying the scriptures, and praying. She definitely had taken her life and decided to turn it around. It was not a coincidence that we ran into her the other month…she wasn´t perfect, but she definitely was taking those steps of repentance. We are still teaching the kids…I just love them so much. They are pila. They read, pray, go to church, and seek for answers to questions.


Hilda and her children


We also are teaching a woman named Yanet…her husband Damien is the brother of Gladys, the mom of Hansen...who was baptized about a month ago. Anyway, we have been teaching her from the beginning…and can I just say how awesome she is!? I can honestly see how she is prepared to hear the gospel. She is seeking to know if it is true, she is seeking to know what church is true, she has questions, she has an open heart, and she has the desire. Wow. She wants to be baptized…I feel as though I had nothing to do with teaching her. It was all her and her desire to know the mysteries of God. That whole family reminds me so much of my family at home. They are so open, the joke around a ton with each other. And, at one point I looked over and Gladys was pretending to hang the 7 month old baby from his feet from the clothes line. Haha…they make me happy, ha

Ohh…kinda funny…this is typical of the life of trying to speak Spanish. But, everyone always seems to say ¨gracias adios¨(thank you, goodbye)….all the time. In the middle of a conversation, where it doesn´t seem to make sense. BUT, finally, about 2 days ago...I realized what they were really saying…¨Gracias a Dios¨ (thanks to God) Slightly different! Thank you good bye, vs, Thanks to God. Ha. Gotta love it!
Life is good! Love it! I love you all! Take care!

Hermana Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment