Hello all, this is Alyson with a brief explaination. Typically Kylene's day for correspondence is Monday's, however the sisters in her mission read the Book of Mormon in a day (as you'll discover in her letter), and so her Monday was packed full of reading the Book of Mormon. Now on to Ky's letter!
Hey all!
Okay, I just thought that this was funny. We were in a cita (appointment) with Yanet, and we were talking about how big our families were. hermana Nelson said she had 8 kids in her family. Then I told them there were 2 in ours. Yanet´s response... ¨Your parents must have had tv!¨Hahaha, I just love them!
So, I don’t have a problem rolling my r´s, unfortunately, this means I roll them way too much! It is just easy for me! But, I was trying to say ¨orando¨, and she didn´t understand me. I knew it was the right word, and the sentence was right...but then my comp said it, and the lady understand. So i said it again ¨orando¨and my comp örando, and the lady orando...but they kept saying I was wrong! I guess...i was rolling my r...and you don´t in that word! ugh! I don´t even notice i do it. My bad. ha Ohh Spanish. I understand about 95% of what is said, but it is still hard for me to speak and express myself. Which may be because I need to work on paciencia (patience) before my Spanish will be released to me. Patience, compassion, charity....I´ve got my work cut out for me.
Oh, so cool thing! Yesterday...I read the Book of Mormon in 18 hours!!! Woot woot! It was super hard, but really awesome at the same time. I was able to read straight through, to connect the people, the land, their stories...it really was neat. It is amazing to me how influential pride is in the success of the Lord. Bottom line...keep the commandments and be blessed...don’t...and perish. Pretty cut and dry to me. I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true...another testament of Jesus Christ. It testifies of Christ, it´s truthfulness, proves the account of Joseph Smith...which proves that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on the earth. Now isn´t that just great?
I love you all! Take care!
Hermana Otto
No comments:
Post a Comment