Hey all!
So, two awesome talks that you have to read! ¨The Character of Christ¨ by David A Bednar, and ¨the transforming power of faith and character¨, Richard G. Scott. Ookkayy, I know I am like the Character queen…but seriously! It is so pivotal in this life! Our character is us! We be who we want to be, and we should try to emulate the one and only who lived the perfect like here on earth! Intense right!? Jude 1 v22, great scripture…look it up. Basically, we have the ability to choose who we want to be now, and in the life after this one. The same spirit that possesses us now, will possess us then. What we desire now, will not change. SO, kinda important to put our desires and motives in the correct spot, right? These talks were AMAZING, and were truly an answer to my prayers earlier this week.
So…Spanish is slowly coming. Slowly. The other day I was teaching a lesson and had just finished explaining the Book of Mormon, and asked for verification. She said, ¨ well…so Joseph Smith was in Jerusalem…¨We just stopped her there! Obviously I got a few words mixed up in Spanish that time around! My bad! We had to reteach that again. Ha. My bad!
Oh mom, did I tell you that I had chili relleno here? I am going to learn how to make it this Wednesday I think…they don´t chop off the ends of the chilies…that was a surprise in my mouth. Ha….and they love oil fried things here…and mayonnaise. Yum. I will take notes and we can try when I return!
Oh dad! Did I tell you that I keep getting told that I look like Emma Watson? Hermoni from Harry Potter? Seriously…A ton of people keep saying that and it makes me laugh and then I think of you!
My companion got sick one day this week…poor thing got attacked in the stomach. Soo…I had all day to study! Lol! It was actually really nice, I needed it. She felt better the next day though!
Oh, so there is this one guy that we see every day, he is funny…asked me out for coffee the first day I was here. Then, changed it to McDonalds and an orange crush pop…dreamy , ha. Anyway, he is harmless and friendly. But, the other day we started talking to him and his friend. His friend went on a 30 minute rampage…basically telling us that we didn´t know anything about the Holy Ghost, miracles, of the gift of tongues…We got out of that one. Then, yesterday, we ran into the first guy again…and his demeanor had totally changed. He started telling us the same thing. He asked who was the Holy Ghost to us . . . so I explained that. Then he asked if we had seen any miracles in our lives. My companion started to explain that there are miracles all around us but that many were sacred to her. He started going off about how we don´t have any miracles in our lives at all…another rampage, so we said adios and walked away. It hit me the difference…It isn´t a problem to have a conversation with someone about religion…even when there are differences. But the spirit of contention, that is not of God. And that is what those men brought into the conversation super-fast. NO gracias!
No comments:
Post a Comment