Friday, February 25, 2011

2.21.10

Hola!

What a week it has been! We had a mission conference on Tuesday...it
was really good. I didn´t understand everything, but I got a lot more
out of it then the first time! President Lorenzana challenged us all
the read the Book of Mormon in 20 days...so I’m doing it...but in
Spanish. It is soooo hard! It takes so long too! I am not getting as
much out of it as I would if I were doing it in English, but I know
it will help me Spanish a lot.

My Spanish is...coming. It is hard-easy to have a norte comp (northern companion), because we speak English to each other...I love her but we both decided it would be best if I got a Latina this next change! We´ll see! This Sunday, I was sitting their innocently when I hear the Bishop say my name, and then say testimony....and then 20 seconds later I was walking up to give my testimony. Not a big deal, right? Minus the me speaking Spanish in front of a large group of people that actually speak the language! Ha! I was told after that it they understood, which is glorious. Ha.

SO my comp and I got chased by a dog! We were looking for the house of
a reference, we were in a callejon...it is like a dirt alley thing off
the main road thing...anyway, we knock on a door to ask-contact....at
this point we see what looks like a club house at the top of the
mountain. It seriously looked like a clubhouse from one of those kid
movies. It was just a dirt rock incline straight up to it. We talked
to the lady of the house that we knocked, she wasn´t interested in the
church but was super nice. So we start to hike up to the clubhouse . . . I
was hesitant because there was this HUGE cow thing with big ol´ horns
near the path. You know how much I love big animals. Anyways, my focus
was on that when this dog attacks! Bah! My companion is telling me,
“Get a rock! Get a rock!¨ I found a boulder. The dog is coming so my
companion runs to the house of the lady that denied us and starts
banging on it . . . she opens it this scared the dog away. Writing this it
feels a little anticlimactic.....but it really was scary. Promise. Ha.

Anyway, another not really funny but unfortunate, okay, kinda funny
story. We were walking past this man that was passed out drunk on the
side of the road. There were these kids throwing rocks at him to wake
him up...they finally succeeded...but they hid, and the only people
around were us, walking by! Ha! It´s okay, he won´t remember anything.

The last week has been really frustrating. Nobody in this area knows
how to keep their citas (appointments)! We set appointments and have the whole day planned out...and nobody is home! It drives me crazy! We are working sooo hard...but when every day ends up with us resorting to plan Z it
gets a bit discouraging. It has been a really good lesson about faith;
About really putting our trust and reliance in the Lord´s work. I
think about the Sons of Mosiah...they had this massively strong
desire. They couldn´t bear the thought that anyone would die without
knowing the truth of the gospel of Jesuscristo (Jesus Christ). At times, I can feel this passion, but i am so weak! At times I just want to shake these
people by their shoulders, bop ‘em on their heads and call ‘em
dingbats! Seriously! Their salvation is kinda a big deal! A lot of
people say that they know the restoration is true...but it is good
enough to know that God loves all. At this point is great to know that
they have faith in God and Christ...but faith requires action...action
on the truth that they have had manifested to them through the Holy
Ghost! What is that bunny´s name? Little bunny choochoo or something?
Hopping through the forest? I have dreams about bopping all their
heads. Ha. Very missionary of me, I know. I just love them! I love
what I am doing, even though it is not easy!

Love you all!

Hermana Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment