Hola!!
Today has been a good week! A lot different though! I was asked with a group of other missionaries to sing at the dedication of an Iglesia up past Momos. Momos is about an hour from Xela, the church building is about another hour past that. We got into one of those van bus things and went…the road was dirt, about the width of a one way road, rocky, bumpy, dusty path winding up the top of the mountains. You know how you can look at the outline of a mountain in the horizon, and it looks as though you could walk right on top of the ridge? That is what it felt we were driving on…the ridge...steep, steep hills, drops on either sides…yet somehow people lived out there. Only a few people have running water and electricity out there. It seriously is in the boondocks! The church is gorgeous though, the dedication was fantastic, and the spirit was so strong. The church is a place for edification for sure! Interesting possibility, between San Fransisco and Momos there is a space of woods that is thought to be the woods where the wicked Priests from the Book of Mormon resided! Kinda trippy! The area has a different feel…one of the Hermanas served that for a while...but was transferred because they tried to burn her! Crazies!
Ohhh cool story, so we were contacting one day, and we saw a woman that was waving at us and calling for us…but neither Hermana Olsen or I knew who she was! So we went over and met her and she said, Ï Want to go to church!!....Only a missionaries dream! So, we taught her that afternoon, and she totally wants to learn and attend….but she was super, super slow to learn and she couldn´t understand us! For me, it is understandable, but Hermana Olsen is fluent! So…the next appointment we go…and find out that her native tongue is Mum! So she really isn’t a super slow learner, she just doesn´t speak Spanish fluently either! Haha, yeah…mum is a weird language…I know how to say 1/10 now…but it is weird. I´ll stick with Spanish. Ha. She is an absolute sweetheart!
Haley- I got your letter! The snail mail here is REALLY unreliable…packages aren´t but I guess the letter are. But I have not gotten any of your dearlelders either!!
Maybe you should just shoot me an email…
I love you all! Thanks for everything! Your prayers mean the world too me!
No comments:
Post a Comment