Buenos dias!!
So to get to the internet we have to ride the bus. It was crammed full so we were standing and holding onto the rail above our head for dear life…it was hysterical though because we got on and it was playing Funky Town, then Michael Jackson [Billy Jean] and then Love hurts…ohhh Hermana Olsen and I were laughing so hard. The situation just did not fit the music at all…surrounded by all these Guatemalans in their traditional clothing, crammed into a bus. Ha.
So question Madre (mother)…is powered milk easier to digest or powered soy milk? I decdied to give the powered soy milk a try …it doesn’t really dissolve in the water in fact…there is a think chunky layer on top…but it actually doesn’t taste too bad! “Calcium enriched”! haha. Yeah…so the question is…which is usually easier to digest? I am going to run to the fridge and get a huge glass of REAL milk when I get home…and I’m saying this at 3 months in the field. haha.
hotelsantasheila.com….this is right near where I walk all the time. I bet the pictures are deceptive, so don’t be fooled. haha..The picture that probably shows the reception desk, I bet is super pretty…but…haha
Okay, probably the hardest thing for me to do is to NOT laugh during hymns! Before every lesson, we sing a song with the family. It is so horrible! The spirit is strong, because the words testify of truth. But it sounds horrible! The tune is off, every person’s voice is cracking…oh golly, the other day I totally lost it in one of the lessons, both Hermana Olsen and myself were rolling with laughter. So hard! I feel so bad! But I just can’t stop laughing over it!
Oh! One thing that would be neat is a water bottle that is the recyclable type 3 or 4…they don't exist here.
Funny story, so we were talking to a girl outside her house…kids playing everywhere and she was watching a younger one play on a moped thing. Anyway, going great, she is way nice and involved in the lesson. Then, two ladies leave the house and then…it was so strange. They took off on the moped, the girl we were talking to ran, dragging the little girl into the house, and all the kids vacated. The door shut, and Hermana(sister) Olsen and I were standing in an empty street. haha…I really don’t know what happened…we got a kick out of that one. We lovingly named her The Runner!
So we have a baptism for sure this weekend, a little boy…his family is menos actives (less active), but he wants to be baptized. We also started teaching three kids that are the grandkids of a menos activia (less active). The twelve year old is so super involved. He reads, he asks questions, you can see how much he is seeking knowledge from us and the Lord for an answer. He is a giant in a little body, it was super impressive. He wants to be baptized, the catch up is his mom is not supportive…so I am just praying that she will give her child his agency.
My testimony of others testimonies is being strengthened so much. I feel so much power and strength when I hear the testimony of others; it really helps to see how the Holy Ghost has touched the lives of others. They carry such a spirit of hope and love.
Love you all!
Hermana Otto!
No comments:
Post a Comment