Hey
All!
This
week was good...a lot of sitting in Doctor´s offices again...this time, the
neurologist here in Xela (local name for Quetzaltenango). The medical mystery
of this week...Bell´s Palsy! I have to admit, I have never seen anyone have
that before this week. Mark that off the list. This neurologist did a great
assessment but then he tried having us buy about 15 different meds and take a
really expensive blood test. We talked to the AMA and nixed pretty much all of
that!
Today
technically is our p-day (personal day)...but we really don´t have time except
to email and buy some food. We ended up having to put citas (appointments to
meet with investigators) today, but...two of them are baptisms! The first is
Javier, he is the son of Hermana (sister) Kathy, a member that we visited with
a lot in Las Americas (The Americas). He never was even slightly interested
when we were there, but he´s changed entirely. Other missionaries started teaching
and laid it out for him, and he has made the decision that will change his
life! We aren´t in that area anymore, but he asked that we be there for the
baptism.
Also,
Roxana is getting baptized! We are sooo exctied! We have gone visiting and
supporting her every day this week, to help her stay strong. The poor thing! Well
about two weeks ago and gashed open her leg horribly. It looks nasty, but is
definitely in the healing process. We are going to get that covered for the
baptism. She really is such a sweetheart, she has been through a ton in her
life, but is making a change. She really has a whole different demeanor since
the first time we visited her...so much more positive and faithful. Her baptism
is tonight also, so I will let you know how it goes next week.
Funny
story, I am always fighting to wash the dishes at Roxana´s house. She has a
hurt leg and it is a nice way to do a little service. After our lesson she gave
us atol (a warm creamy corn beverage) to drink. After, I took Hermana (sister)
Redden´s dishes and mine and washed them. Then I went back to get the dishes of
Samuel, the ward mission leader. He told me no, so I said very firmly, ¨Hagalo
pues!¨ Which is basically yelling, ¨Just do it!¨ Haha! Ohhh I wish there were
words to describe his wide eyed shocked expression as he jumped forward to give
me his dishes. I guess you don´t mess with a gringa (white woman) missionary
that wants to wash the dishes. Lol...maybe you have to be there, but Redden and
I surely laughed a lot at that.
That´s
all! Stay strong and stay true! Integrity is the bedrock of character...make
sure you have it!
Love,
Hermana Otto
No comments:
Post a Comment