Thursday, January 20, 2011

1.20.10

Hello everyone, this is Alyson with a brief note. It has dawned on me that some of you reading may not understand the Spanish words Kylene has placed within her letters. I anticipate that there will be more and more combining of the Spanish and English words in her letters, so I have included in italicized parenthesis what the English translation of her Spanish words are.


Hola everyone!!!

So, we have had a new group of latinos, and north Americans come last week. in the process they decided that me and my companion would have to move to a room in the casa de huespedos (guest house or "the house of guests") because there wasn't going to be enough room in the ccm side of the building. they put all this pressure to hurry up and move in less than 20 min...and then our rooms sat empty for like three days. I like living in the casa de huespedos (guest house), there are five of us in the room. When we first moved there, there was a huge bus load from Honduras who had come to attend the temple...needless to say it was loud at night! But, it has been empty for the last few days, but today a massive bus load arrived again. I haven’t had a chance to see where they are from though. It is so neat...these people ride in this bus for 15 hours, just so that they can spend a few days at the temple. Devotion! Love it!

Oh, awesome news! Elder Ballard is coming to the CCM!! He is speaking to us on Friday...I am so super excited. I sat in all of the comfy chairs in the front of the room, just so I could say that Elder Ballard sat in the same chair as me. hehe. He’s gotta use one of em! Anyway, I am singing in the choir and am really excited to hear him speak!

Oh...so my gracefulness has returned. I had just used el bano (the bathroom) and was going to get some soap from the dispenser. One of the other Hermanas (sisters) said, “Be careful there is soap...” but, by the time she had said soap... I was already flat on my back, on the ground, yet again! MI VIDA (my life)!!!! Anyway, the floor was lathered in this soap, and I had it all up my back, and I was in a white skirt. Love my life. It wasn’t as horrific of a crash as I had in Provo. Maybe my luck is improving?

I GOT MY PACKAGE!!!!! Thank you soooo much! It seriously made me so happy....really. I was soo excited. I love love love love love those head mosquito net thingies. My companion and I agreed that they are pretty much the most awesome thing ever. We tried them on and determined it to be true. I will totally be using those, don’t you worry. Protein bars are fantastic...here in the CCM they load you with so many carbs, sugar, carbs, carbs, sugar....you know, all those great things. And thank you for the medicine! And...I am wearing a pair of my scrubs now. Lovely!

I was reading about the Apostle, Peter, in the New Testament the other day...and it hit me how legit of an apostle he is! I mean, seriously. He was given so much power and authority from God...but he was also referred to as Satan and denied Christ three times. He definitely had his weaknesses but he turned to Christ and rose to the top. I think it is just insanely inspiring. Mom, I love that you are studying the New Testament, it is one of my favorites!

We can take pictures occasionally here. Outside of the MTC they have a lot of restrictions...and in the field I think it is similar. Just safety issues, but a lot of that depends on the mission and the mission president. So...I will find out in 13 days!!! I am sooo excited to leave the CCM!!!! Woot!

SO, I was reading in the Liahona and I found this quote that I really like:

“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day.”

-- Richard G. Scott.

I just love this quote because it puts each day in perspective. I have a dream of the type of person I want to become, but each day makes a difference on how close I get to that goal. Bad day or not...be who you want to be. You never know who is watching and what kind of an impression you are making!

Haley-- Write me! I don’t have your address!

Grandma and Grandpa Sanders--Gracias for the dearelder! I love hearing from you! I hope everything continues to go well! Love you!

Love you all!

Hermana Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment