Hi there!
Sorry Mom, I said that I would be able to email on Wednesday, but this was the week that people are leaving-coming in and so they changed our p-day.
We got to go into town and go to the Marcado . . . it is huge! Seriously! Three levels of awesome things to buy. I kept on seeing things that I want to get for Jacen someday. Hopefully I will find similar items when I am in Quetzaltenango. It was seriously so much fun though. They have meat just hanging out all over the place . . . and it was packed full of so many awesome things . . . I am excited to see what Quetzaltenango has. I love the jewelry. Yup. And . . . their....bags!!! HaHa. Go figure. Not many coats here though. Then we went to basically a modern mall. It looks better than any of the malls I have been too--maybe not North Town. No se. Anyway, it was loads of fun. I mostly had no idea what they were saying the whole time though, but that is okay. LOL. I am so envious of all of the missionaries that left the CCM today . . . I really want to go with them! I know I need to study hard and really focus on the language this week...but really, I just want to get into the field!
I feel as though I should explain the armed guards . . . they are really friendly. All over the place. These guys just chill with their guns. . . . I don’t think they have to use them too often though. They say hi and smile though.
I don’t remember what it was, but something clicked this week. I have made decisions in my past that I regret . . . now, looking back, I can see how ridiculous I have been . . . but I know that I never have to go back to that. We get to choose what standard of life we want to live. We get to choose how high we are going to reach for that day. I have been introduced to a higher standard . . . and I really hope I never go back. It is so easy to just glide through life . . . but we’ve got to climb!
Did I mention that we have 3 toilets and 4 showers? For about...30 to 40 hermanas! Hehe, it is loads of fun. Lots of fun. And did I mention that all they eat here is white bread and rice? I love carbs!!!!! Woot woot!
LOVE you all!!!
Ali Hirschi...gracias for you letter! I will write soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment