Hola Everyone!
What a week! It seriously has been awesome...I have loved getting your dearelders...they really make me happy :) Thank you!
Soo....At the beginning of this week I experienced this wonderful emotional rollercoaster. My companera and I were teaching another teacher...well, intro to the discussion,...anyways, point being, at the end he gave us some tips. He felt inspired to ask the question " Are you being yourself!" Ugh! Question to the heart! Really! That is seriously one thing that is hard to remember as we learn how to teach and share our testimonies, is to remember to stay ourselves. That, along with a few other comments started a cascade of tears from me and my companion. Ugh! Tears! The first time! Many more to come, I am sure.... we cried until we laughed...laughed until we cried..then went to sleep. BUT the point is that Lord knows each of us individually. We all have different characteristics that improve our ability to contribute to those around us...and it is SO AWESOME! So don't hide them! Ever!
Oh, another awesome thing..did you know that the Book of Mormon answers EVERYTHING! Totally tubular dude! Seriously, if you believe the Book of Mormon is true, you believe in Joseph Smith, you believe in Joseph Smith, you believe in prophets, profetas lead to Book of Mormon! LOVE it! READ the book of Mormon and pray. Search it out and you can find so many answers to life’s questions. LOVE it.
Anyway, funny story. Sunday we get to do temple walks....well this last Sunday it was beautiful! Seriously, loved it. We were walking back, across a cross walk. Picture it. Me, in front of my two elders, first elder without crutches, second with crutches. Crutches stops, elder in front of me stops...and I (in my own little world chatting with my companera) choose this moment to strip over...something (there must have been a massive crack or something?)...and basically fly horizontally through the air straight into the back of the Elder. We all determined that this was not the appropriate mission contact between Elders and Sisters. I fail! bah! Esta bien.,..gotta good laugh when it happened! Woot!
I had my training for nursing, which was information overload! Seriously! Spanish, Gospel...and Nursing! Bah! At moments I would feel overwhelmed and then I would remember that I am not doing this alone. The Lord knows that I can't cram into all into my head and remember ever word..so He will help me. AWESOME. no worries. Well...one kinda. I found out that there is NOT a nurse in Quetzaltenango right now! I won't have a trainer it looks like! uh oh! Esta bien. I should be okay I hope, lol. The main thing that I learned is...make the Mission Presidents wife, my best friend . . . and then, life is great! And. . .help them to trust me. No biggie :) I did learn about all sorts of gross bugs and diseases. I wish I was going into this naive! I need to get a hooded sweatshirt to sleep with so that I can cover my whole face. I don't want to be afflicted by the kissing bug. and you think I kidding...alas, I am not. That's the awesome thing about the bookstore! Discount! woot wott! Ha.
So, my flight leaves Wednesday, the 22nd, Am. I have a 5 hour lay over from 1210 to 5pm in Dallas Texas. I can use that time to call mi familia! Soo . . .dearelder me and tell me what time works. Dad, I don't know what your days off are anymore, so if you are still in Seattle and available I can call you and then call the familiy in the Basin. Soo...tell me when and who works best I will do my best! I do not think I will be able to call Christmas day...so consider this my Christmas call! If I am supposed to call Zach or Aly. . . if you aren't with the padres. . . let me know your number because I do not have that memorized. Gracias! I am so excited to call! I really hope I get on that plane. . it has been kinda bizarre with my travel plans. . . but it should be bien?! I hope!? I am pumped for Guatemala! Scared about the Spanish though!
Anwyays, I LOVE you all! Take care!
Hermana Otto (Or Oh-TOE in Spanish, ha)
Hola Hermana Otto!
ReplyDeleteOk, thats all the 7th grade Spanish I remember. :) Love reading your blog. You are a funny girl! Have a good flight, Merry Christmas, and I hope Santa brings you that hoodie. Rick and I send you lots of love.
Kylene, you are so funny! We love you! :)
ReplyDelete