FAMILY!!!!!!! AND FRIENDS!!!!!! Can I just tell you how extremely excited I am to be able to FINALLY write you all an email!?! We were supposed to be able to send one when we first arrived I guess, but our zone leaders forgot to tell us! Esta bien:)
I stay sooo busy here. It is crazy, study study study...and then at the end of the day you are so tired. But, at least for me it is sometimes hard to get to sleep because I feel as though I am wasting time and should be doing more! Craziness! But I LOVE it. Seriously, I am sooo positive that this is where I am supposed to be. I am learning so much, and loving every second of it.
The first four days were so hard...my duckies were not in order and it was just so confusing. But...once I got through Sunday...everything has been golden! Awesome thing about Sunday...it was fast Sunday, so we had testimony meeting. We had learned a couple days earlier how to kinda say our testimonies in Spanish..so I got this prompting to bear my testimony. Uh. Hello. I don't speak Spanish! Pero...I knew I had to do it, so I did. The gift of tongues is so awesome! I said so many things wrong and used a lot of English...but I did it. It was just a testament to me on what it means to rely and trust on the Lord...and speak. Sweet!
My companion is way sweet...she is definitely the right companero for me! I don't know what it is about Utah and the MTC, but I am always lost...I seriously would have no idea where to go if it wasn't for her. I tried getting us to a meeting once...and I got us to a meeting, but the wrong one. My bad. She laughs at my nurse related jokes :)
Ohhh funny story. So we were walking down the stairs of our residents hall. . .and I was talking to H. Evans about putting on my backpack for the first time with things in it (it buckles around the waist). Anyways, so I was yakking to her and putting it on when I heard, "Hermana! Hermana! You can't go out with your skirt like that!" Yup...sure enough, the back of my skirt was caught all the way up in my bag. Such is my life! Ha. Then, that night, I was being so kind and holding the door open for other Hermanas...then I went through, but my bag strap got caught on the door handle and totally yanked my back. Ugh! Not my day! lol! I am alive though, no worries:)
Being here is such a humiliating experience. You get brought to low lows and then raised up again so fast. One morning in particluar, my companion and I were teaching another companionship when our teacher came over. He asked us some specific questions that investigators might ask, and then expected us to come up with "simple doctrine, scriptures, to answer this question." Simple! Yeah right! I had NO CLUE what he was looking for. None. my mind was blank and I was acutely aware of how little I know, and how much I need to learn. Ohhh dear! So...then, we go into class and say our closing prayer. I was asked to say it (we try to say as much in Spanish)...So I get almost to the end in Spanish but I got frustrated trying to say once sentence, so I said it in English and then closed in Spanish. Wrong choice! Definitely was rewarded with chastisement from my teacher...only Spanish. No English! Bah! No hablo espanol! LOL! Esta bien...it all was an eye opening opportunity for me to remember to study hard and rely on the Lord.
Fasting and prayers can bring so much support! We taught our first lesson to an investigator in the training resource center. . . It was SO awesome! She was actually a member but by the end we were all teary eyed. The church brings so much comfort and joy! We had to contact people in Spanish too. My companero doesn’t' speak Spanish that well, she hasn't had any from past schooling so it is all new. So, I help her with Spanish and she keeps us from getting lost!
We were told that a day feels like a week and a week feels like a day...so true, but so beautiful! I honestly love love love it here...the only hardest thing is that I wish I could tell you all every day how wonderful things are, and to hear about yours. Pero, prayer!
It's a great opportunity to represent the Savior...I wouldn't want to do anything else! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
LOVE,
Hermana Otto
Just a note from Alyson: If any of you want to leave comments, feel free, I will copy and paste them in an E-mail back to Kylene.
No comments:
Post a Comment