12.3.11
Okay,
This week has been weird, good, but with some rather strange stories.
Last Saturday, P-day, Benton and I left the house to go buy construction paper...we were going to make our Christmas tree! But, we get back to the house and Benton says, ¨Uhhhh I forgot the key!¨ Dang it! The Duena (landlord) was at the temple working, and didn't answer her phone....we were locked out. Luckily, her daughter lives right below us, so we got through her front gate, and found a roof that is by our wall to our house. So, I climb the wall....yup. It was hard because I was in a long skirt. But, I got to put my rock climbing practice to use! I get on the roof and jump down into our compound. I let Benton in and we are all excited that we got in...but, then we realized that we were still locked out of our HOUSE: But, luckily, the front door is made of a bunch of glass panes, many of which are crashed because of the owners cars always hit it. We realized that if we just had a curved bar we could easily pull the latch to let us in the house (the doors here have latches like a fire starter thing), anyway...I looked and there just so happened to be a metal bar that was perfectly bent...so I was able to put in through the hole in the glass and then break into the house easily! Woohoo! Yeah, Our house is very safe :)
Then, that night we didn't leave the temple until about 1045. Jesus the taxista (taxi driver) was driving us back to the house, on the way I asked him about the Eucalyptus plant. He then proceeded to drive around the dark abandoned streets of Xela (Quetzaltenango) until he found the plant, parked the car, got out, and started looking for the leaves...all at 1100pm. It cracked me up! He came back and showed us the leaves, and then told us how to make our own Vicks cream. Lol! Oh the mission of Xela (Quetzaltenango).
Oh, did I tell you about when I was asked to translate one of the tours for the temple? There was an English speaking man who went through the temple and they needed a translator, they asked me to do it. This man has a history of changing church material, and isn't trusted at all. So they told us that guards would be with us and that Elder Morales would be there too. I didn't let myself think of the fact that this Elder Morales in of the SEVENTY until a few days later! Talk about pressure to translate right! haha...and he speaks English. But, it went okay...the man and the Latino family he came with were extremely disrespectful during the whole experience, I was really glad when they finally left the temple of God.
We met this awesome guy yesterday, who went to the temple and was really impacted by the spirit...so many great blessings have come from the work at the temple! It has been a true blessing. Here, they are always amazed at the organization of the church...because nothing is organized here. But, really, it is the Lords church; of course it will be organized!
I don't have much more time; I am going to try to send some pictures! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment