11.26.11
Hey All!
Happy Thanksgiving, again! A little late! I hope that you all had a great time:) President and Sister Bautista invited the office over to their house for Thanksgiving...I go me some Turkey and it was goood:) We played Bocce ball too...that was a lot of fun, I haven't played that in forever. But, the rest of the day was running all over our area trying to make sense of Guatemalan addresses. It drives me crazy! They don't make any sense. They put whatever number they feel like on their door, and then change it on whim! Makes it a headache for us as we search for these references! We had the coolest one, this girl who went to the temple and wanted to know more and be a part of the church...but she lives in a different area! Soo...we are back to hunting down our references. We have received a TON but, so hard to contact! Tonight is the last of the temple open house. I guess they are leaving it open until 11pm...I am going to have a late night. I don't think my body will appreciate the change from the missionary horario (working hours)! ha!
We had to bring an Elder to the hosptial for Asthma again on Monday…it was the smoothest experience I have EVER had. Redden, you would be shocked. We get there at 930, and by 1030pm the doctor had assessed, ordered tests, received the tests results, and the Elder was started on ABX for a small pulmonary infection! It was great! The next day the doctor tried to get the Elder to stay even longer in the hospital but we got the Elder out of the money pit and he is doing great now! He was supposed to receive an IM injection...I was so excited to do it! But...then I saw the ML of the injection and realized it would be a butt shot. The AMA was fine with it but President said we send him to a clinic to get them.
Funny comments I have gotten this week as nursing: Keep in mind, all of this is in Spanish
1:
Hna: Hna (Sister) Otto! My temperature is a 7!!!
Me: What is a 7?
Hna: My temperature! It is at a 7! (We are in Celsius here)
Me. Completely confused...What are you talking about? What is a 7!? (I understood, but there was no way it was a 7)
Hna: Oh wait, it is a 36, I took it again.
Heheh, that made me giggle. The whole time she was hyperventilating and spazzing out on me. No worries…she lives.
2.
Elder: Hna (Sister), I am on fire. In Spanish he says, (fuego) which means fire to us, but in this concept it is burning...I immediately thought fire.
Me: Okay, where?
Elder: You know where it ends and it all comes out!
Hehehe…little enjoyments that I get. That's what you get for eating SUPER spicy food!
Anyways, that is it! Have a great week! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment