Hermana Redden went home! Incredible! Ya se fue (abandoned or left)! It is sad, we have been companions for a bit over 6 months...and we went through a lot together. Good luck at home Redden! Milk that cow :) My new companion is Hermana Benton, she is from California and is an absolute sweetheart. Her mission took a change when she became the companion of the mission nurse...I hope she is up to it. The first full day we had together was quite the introduction for her. We were trying to do companion study and then weekly planning...but the phone was ringing off the hook. There were a ton of interruptions which made everything take a little longer than usual. She got to experience getting stuck in the office, and have citas (appointments) fall because we are off helping an Hermana (sister) that needed to talk to someone, but I had to translate.
Speaking of that, it was a neat experience. The Hermana is Latina but she needed to talk to a psychologist that only speaks English...and I was able to translate for them. I learned something that I really liked. It was that there are two types of tribulations: 1, that the Lord gives us to help us become stronger and to grow. 2, the ones that we cause ourselves but aren't necessary. The cool thing is that because the Lord loves us so much, he helps even the problems we cause to ourselves to become a strength. I think there is also another side of tribulations...and that could be the ones that others do that affect us. It made me think on how important it is that we never act, say, or do anything that can make the day of someone else harder. If we are having a rough day...it is our personal rough day...it doesn't have to make the day of others rough as well.
We met the sweetest family the other day....but to get to their house on the most used side, you have to cross the most....unstable looking wood bridge. I saw it when we walked in Panorama one day, and thought I would never have to cross it...but alas, the other night, I did. It goes over what they call the río seco. Really, it is a full river, brown water, littered with garbage of every kind. It smells something horrible as well. There is a little wooden bridge to go over it....I prayed and ran. Ha. Nah. The family is absolutely adorable....the parents have 4 kids under 11 and are only 26. They started have kids when the mom was 15....it happens like that way to often here. Anyway, they live in a tiny tiny room...it has a bunk bed and a little gas stove. The room is about the size of a bedroom at home I would say. They are a humble and sweet family...they were baptized four years ago but fell away a bit from the church. However, they noticed the change for the worse in their life as they stopped living the commandments, and want to come back in full force....I want to be able to help prepare them to get to the temple and to be a sealed as a family! That would be so great!
Oh funny story. We are teaching another less active in the ward. Last night, we went and visited with her. Within five minutes she told me that I looked ugly in the family picture I had (the one we took before I left, at Christmas), and that now I look angelic, beautiful. I just about died laughing, but tried to hold it together because this woman had a 100 percent serious expression on her face. It was hard though because Benton was on the other side of me busting up laughing the whole time! This less active is really a character, she has a dry character but absolutely cracks me up...she is really fun to joke around with but you have to take it as well...as I learned:)
Life is good:) I love you all! Thank you for your support!
Hermana Otto
Ps: JACKIE! I have written you! But...I think the address was wrong if you havn't gotten them! One is on the way though...thanks for the dearelder and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment