Tuesday, November 8, 2011

10.15.11

10/15/11

Hey everyone!

This week was good....it seemed like a longer one though. With all the rain, there was a lot of flooding here in Xela (Quetzaltenango). We were all told to stay in our houses for the majority of one day...that just about killed me. My area is higher, so there wasn't a ton of flooding, but all the water drained to the zones below me...I could look over them and I saw all the flooding. It was so hard to not want to go out and help people shovel mud and water out of their houses! It was frustrating. But, I was obedient. I think it would have been a lot harder if I had been in one of the lower areas...i just wanted to help! I told President that we were willing to help in any way possible...I was going a little crazy in the house. Sister Bautista eventually called and asked that we called every companionship in the Xela area to inform them on new water rules. With all the rain and flooding, the water isn't the greatest...so she wanted all water to be filtered and boiled before used to wash hands, face, dishes, etc. It was a good way to keep my occupied for a while!

We have a couple of boys that we are teaching! They really seem like that could be really positive, but it stresses the importance of really listening to the spirit to know the true intents of a person! Their mom, is a member. She is an absolute sweetheart with a huge heart and desire to help and serve others. I have learned a lot from her about sacrifice and charity. She made some bad decisions as she was younger, and it has just spiraled out of control....so make good decisions NOW! It is so sad to see that woman now, who decided to get married at 14 or 16 years old....so young, and now, their lives are so hard. No matter the age, our decisions are important!

I am out of time this time around...love you all! Thank you for everything!

Love, Hermana Otto

P.S. Oh funny. I called a sister to verify that would could come and visit her and her family.

I asked: Is it okay if we still come over?

Her: “Uhh,....I am not HERE in my HOUSE.

Me thinking: suuuree...I called your house phone, the pila (sink or tub) water is running...and you are not there in your house. I start to laugh. So I ask: “Oh, well were are you?”

Her: Uhh...:I am in the mer....uhhh...mercado (the market)!

Me thinking: Yeah...the mercado is a zoo, and there was not a zoo behind her! It was absolutely hysterical. I laughed a lot :)

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment